Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm sitting here, in the study/office, amid a huge pile of stuff. We're in the middle of moving, and even though a majority of our belongings are in storage, it still seems that the piles multiply when we're not looking.

There is an old-wives' tale that says that what you are doing the moment Midnight comes on a new year is what you'll be doing the rest of the year. I like to be asleep at that moment so that my year is a peaceful one. And because I'm just a tad superstitious, I'm going to go into our room now and clean the hell out of it. I want to be sleeping in a clean, ordered, good-smelling room when Midnight comes so that I can have a clean, ordered, good-smelling life for 2009.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2009!

Sherry

No comments: